Saturday, December 3, 2011

Meeting of the minds

There is one thing I have learned over the past weekend.  If you have the opportunity to meet your potential agent and his associate, then jump through all the hoops you can!  I spent a wonderful weekend in Miami and was able to meet up with my agent for the first time face to face.  We have spoken several times on the phone, we have had conference calls discussing the editing process I am doing and have emailed one another regularly.  BUT..there is nothing that can sell your passion, your drive like being in front of your agent.  A face to face meeting is so much more personal.  In the age of technology sometimes people get lost in the shuffle.  I did not want to be that person.  I wanted my agent to not only see my commitment, but also my conviction.  Nobody can sell your idea better than you can!  If he had any doubts, I believe those have now all been laid to rest.  The meeting was fantastic!  Now he truly understands the depth of my passion and drive to see this project to its completion.  The next meeting will be the final step in getting this novel to the publishers!  I am so very excited at the potential plans he has in store to make this happen!  Now it's not just an agent/writer relationship it's also the beginning of a long term friendship!  My hybrid novel is just about finished and I can't wait for the next chapter of this process to move forward!

Cheers, Lisa

3 comments:

Sandy said...

wishing you all the best of luck in your career as an author...hope to read about you ....very soon.

Bodice Rippers

Joshua McCaw said...

You know I'm a big fan and you're so inspiring Lisa! It's awesome that it went so well! I look forward to seeing you hit the big time with this book!

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Lisa! Long time no hear from you! I'm glad to hear that you are well and on a mission of putting your passion to pen~ It's been a passion for myself as well, but only in a different genre. How exciting it had to have been to meet your agent in Miami........WOW! That's so awesome! I'll watch from afar and be inspired by your journey...maybe it will force me to pursue my own dream. In my closet I have my name written on a piece of paper with AUTHOR of "xxxx" my books title...and the words under that MY BODACIOUS DREAM! I need to start speaking it into existence more... ;) Drop by to see me when you get a chance, my blog posts are fewer of this past year...but I did just post a couple nights ago about a lovely Christmas Auction I'm running in honor of a precious little baby girl named Amelia. Hope to have you drop by...at catherinesteacups.blogspot.com

Keep the faith Lisa and continue to PURSUE your PASSION of writing! xoxo ~CC Catherine